Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes filled with Chocolate Ganache
I love the elegant look these Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes have. I thought I would make them not only beautiful but packed with a chocolatey ganache filling for the ultimate decadent treat. I adapted a famous chocolate cupcake recipe because I love how much moisture the Buttermilk adds. Honestly, I couldn't stop tasting the raw batter while I was making these. I know it's a no no, but what can I say, I like to live on the edge! Of course I had to top them with my super easy Nutella mascarpone mousse because I believe in using Nutella wherever you can and I think it tastes divine with the chocolates on top!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cupcakes:
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate broken into small pieces
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
For the Ganache Filling:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Icing:
- Nutella mascarpone mousse (see recipe below)
- 24 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and baking soda.
- In another small bowl, mix the buttermilk and vanilla, and set both bowls aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate and the eggs, one at a time waiting until each is fully mixed in before adding the other.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture until everything is combined. Do not over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop divide batter into tins and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before filling and icing.
- For the chocolate ganache place the chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside. Heat the the heavy cream in a small sauce pan and almost bring to a boil. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture together until fully combined and glossy. Once completely cooled the ganache will thicken. Place into a disposable pastry bag or a plastic zipper bag with the corner cut off
- Using a sharp knife or an apple corer remove the center of the cupcake. Fill each of the cupcakes and cover with the removed piece of cupcake.
- For Nutella Mousse Recipe: HERE
- Frost each cupcake with the Nutella Mousse using a star tip with a pastry bag or frost by hand and decorate with Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
Hello, in this recipe it asks for 1 buttermilk at room temperature. Is it 1 cup of buttermilk? - Angie1968
These cupcakes look awesome but where is the Nutella mascarpone mousse recipe? Did I miss it somewh...
See Full Review >> - lyb
Sorry!!!! All fixed now! :) - rossella rago
Where are the directions for making the filling ? How (directions) are these filled ? - bettydee