Pizza with Truffled Pecorino
Crusty, gooey, cheesy pizza with a wonderful earthy combination of ingredients.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Pizza:
- 1 pound Pizza dough
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup diced Pecorino al Tartufo cheese
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 oyster mushrooms cut in strips
- 1/2 small red onion
- 5 small grilled artichokes (available in jars at your supermarket)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Saute mushrooms and onion in a little olive oil for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Remove from heat and add spinach, salt, pepper and mix well then let cool. The heat from the onion and mushroom will cook the baby spinach.
- On a floured surface roll out pizza dough, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano and place chunks of fresh mozzarella evenly on dough surface.
- Add sauteed mushrooms, onions and spinach then add artichokes cut in quarters and sprinkle with the diced pecorino al tartufo cheese.
- Place pizza in a 500F oven and bake for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove pizza from oven and cool slightly before cutting.
The truffle studded pecorino cheese is the star in this recipe but it can be substituted for something similar.