Pork Cutlets with Red Wine and Mushrooms
Pork Cutlets with Red Wine and Mushrooms.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Cutlets:
- 6 Pork Cutlets (3oz each)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- flour for dredging
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as merlot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano
- salt and pepper as desired
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Put a large skillet with a lid over a high flame and heat 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Dredge each of the cutlets in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Add the cutlets to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side. Flip the cutlets over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add the sliced garlic to The pan. Cook for 30 seconds and add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms have begun to release some liquid, about 3-4 minutes. Then add salt as desired.
- Add the wine and broth. Cook until you no longer smell alcohol, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cutlets, thyme and oregano to the pan. Cook uncovered for an address 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.