Prosciutto & Mozzarella Savory Ciambella Cake
Prosciutto & Mozzarella Savory Ciambella Cake.
For 9 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces prosciutto, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded or cut into 1/2 inch cubes. (I used little Mozzarella pearls that I found in the supermarket cheese case)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a tube pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, oil, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and then add in the grated Parmigiano cheese and basil.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until they are just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the meats and cheeses and top with the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. About 45-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then invert it onto a plate.
It was very dry even though very flavorful. Maybe needs more olive oil? - bgcola