Pumpkin Almond Cake
Pumpkin Almond Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 packets Vanillina Powder or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- zest of 1 orange
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin purée
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sliced almonds and confectioners sugar for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oil, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the almond extract, zest and pumpkin pie spice. mix until combined.
- Add in the Pumpkin and beat until fully incorporated.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure each one is fully incorporated after each addition.
- Add in the almond flour and beat until absorbed.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and beat until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the sliced almonds. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and dust with confectioners sugar as desired. Cool completely and refrigerator before serving.
- Tip* This cake works best when made the night before and is served from the refrigerator.