Pumpkin Gnocchi with Butter-Sage Sauce
Homemade Pumpkin Gnocchi with a delicate Sage and Butter sauce... perfect for Thanksgiving or any Fall celebration.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Gnocchi:
- 1 pound 100% pumpkin paste
- 2 1/4 cups 00 flour
- 1 cup Parmigiano cheese and 1 Tbs of Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto cookies - crushed very fine.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- handful of grated parmigiano cheese
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Make the Gnocchi:
- In a large bowl add the eggs and beat them well.
- Add the Pumpkin Paste and mix well with the eggs.
- Add the salt and the finely crushed Amaretto cookies.
- Add the cheese and Mix.
- Add the flour and mix well with your hands to form a homogeneous dough.
- Spread some flour on a cutting board, cut a piece of dough and roll it into a long thin round strips.
- Cut the strip into pieces about 1' long and with two fingers press on each piece and carry it toward yourself in order to form a pocket into each gnocco. Make all your gnocchi sprinkle with flour so that they don't stick with one another and set aside.
- Make the Sauce:
- Add the butter and the sage. Let it melt and add some broth and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi and stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes and add the cheese. Let the cheese melt and serve.