Rice with Tomato Sauce - Riso al Pomodoro
Rice with Tomato Sauce - Riso al Pomodoro, one of Nonnas comfort foods.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Risotto
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cups passata or tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put a large saucepan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato pure and salt. Lower the flame to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Scoop out the rice and add it to the sauce. Mix over a low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with the grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.