Risotto alla Milanese
Not just Risotto... the Classic Risotto alla Milanese!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Risotto:
- 1/2 pound risotto Arborio
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup white wine
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- pinch of saffron
- cups several cups of chicken broth
- In a large pan melt 1/2 stick of butter and let it melt.
- Add the chopped onion and saute` until the onions is translucent.
- Add the arborio rice and mix well into the butter and onion.
- Add the wine. When the alcohol is completely evaporated add a 1 cup of chicken broth. At this time also add the saffron filaments and mix well. The rice will begin to turn yellow.
- Do not let the rice get dry. Continue to add chicken broth a bit at the time while you continuously stir the rice.
- When the white internal part of the rice has disappeared and the rice is soft and fluffy, you are ready for process of Mantecare.
- Add the additional 1/2 stick of butter (soft) and three Tbs of Parmigiano cheese to the rice. Mix well until the butter is completely melted and serve by adding another sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese.
First Course Recipes, Nonna Carmen Romeo, Lombardia Recipes, All Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Risotto Recipes, Parmigiano Reggiano Recipes, Risotto alla Milanese Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes
yummy! I never tried it with wine, but sure will! and it's a shame the crazy cow business forbids th...
See Full Review >> - Lori