Sausage and Eggplant
Sausage and Eggplant recipe, the cousin of Sausage and Peppers.
- Broil the sausage until it is browned but not overcooked. Cut in piece and set aside.
- Cut the eggplant in small cubes of less that 1" on all sides and set aside.
- In a large saute` pan, add 5 Tbs of EV olive oil, the onion chopped finely and the garlic. Add peperoncino as desired.
- Let the onion cook until it is translucent and then add the eggplant cubes.
- Continuously stir the eggplant so that they get coated with the oil and saute` in the onions and garlic.
- Once the eggplant have begun to soften, add the white wine.
- Let the wine evaporate and add the tomatoes, cut in small pieces, and the sausage.
- Occasionally stir all the ingredients. Add some vegetable broth if the content gets too dry.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until the eggplant turns soft but is still somewhat Al Dente.
- Add fresh parsley and serve.