Sausage Spinach & Ricotta Pie
Sausage Spinach & Ricotta Pie.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Pie:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed. Excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Get the 10 1/2 Inch Pan HERE
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Put a skillet over a medium-high flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage to the pan and cook while breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until nicely browned. Set aside.
- Place the thawed crust on a very large piece of floured parchment paper. Roll the crust out with a rolling pin until large enough to fit into the 10 1/2 inch pan.
- Place your hand under the parchment paper and flip the dough into a 10 1/2 inch pan. Peel off the parchment and arrange the dough so it comes up the sides and trim any excess that hangs over. Dock the crust with a fork and refrigerate white you make the filling.
- Add the cooled sausage and the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Spread the filling over the crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let rest for 15 minutes before cutting. May be served warm or at room temperature.