Spaghetti with Pancetta and Rosemary
This is one of my absolute favorite winter spaghetti dishes! It's absolutely perfect for curling up on a chilly night with some beautiful red wine. Feel free to swap out the pancetta for guanciale or even bacon!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 4 ounces Pancetta, cubed
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a large sautÃ© pan heat the oil over a medium flame and add the rosemary. SautÃ© for about 30 seconds and then add the garlic. SautÃ© until the garlic just begins to color and add the pancetta.
- SautÃ© the pancetta for about 2-3 minutes and add the wine. Reduce the wine until all the alcohol has evaporated and then add the tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste at this time. Bring the sauce to a boil and lower the flame to a simmer. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes. Remove the rosemary sprig.
- Cook the spaghetti until very al dente and add them to the sauce. Toss together for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese. Toss together allowing the residual heat of the pan melt the cheese.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkling of grated cheese.