Spiced Ricotta Cookies with Maple Glaze
Spiced Ricotta Cookies with Maple Glaze.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces whole ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 3 packets Vanillina powder or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 packet Vanillina powder, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon for sprinkling
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Get the Ingredients needed for this recipe HERE!
- To make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice; beat until dough forms.
- Using about a tablespoon of dough at a time, wet your hands and roll the dough into balls. Place them about 2 inches apart on the ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the Glaze:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and maple syrup together, whisking occasionally.
- Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and whisk in the sifted confectioners’ sugar and maple extract. Taste. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Cool for 2-3 minutes, then dip the top of each cookie into the glaze. Sprinkle with cinnamon as desired.
- Dry on a wire rack.