Another recipe handed down by my Mama Rosa. Every time I make the recipes she taught me means more to me now that she is no longer with us.
Mother's Day Recipes:
For 4 Person(s)
For the Artichokes:
- 4 artichokes
- 1 pound chop meat
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned beadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 3 eggs (without shells)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 cup water
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on the Artichokes
- 1 bulb of garlic...peeled and sliced
- 4 cups water to cook the artichokes in. DO NOT COVER the artichokes with the water. The water should be about half way up the artichokes.
- Wash the artichokes with cold water and clip off a little bit of the tips of the artichokes(throw them away) and remove the stems of the artichokes and set aside.
- Put the following items in a large bowl: chop meat, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, water and the 3 eggs. Mix all of these items with your hands until blended together.
- Turn the artichokes upside down and hit them on the counter. This will open up the artichokes to fill them with the stuffing. Remove some of the inside leaves.
- On the inside bottom of the artichokes place a slice of garlic and dizzle a bit of EVOO.
- Then take a handfull of stuffing and push it inside the artichokes until full. Then place another slice of garlic on top of it.
- In-between the artichokes leaves put a slice of garlic.
- Repeat the same as above with the rest of the artichokes.
- When all the artichokes are stuffed, place them in the pot and add the water on the sides of the artichokes NOT on top.
- Then dizzles some EVOO on top of the artichokes.
- Cover the pot and cook on medium heat until it starts to boil and then lower the heat for about 30-45 minutes. Check the stuffing and make sure it is cooked.
- Remove and serve.
D - Sarahc901092
Great hand me down recipe from my Mama Rosa. I handed it down to my daughter Angela. Hopefully one d...
See Full Review >> - Mimi