Stuffed Eggplant - Melenzane Ripiene
Stuffed Eggplant... a great Sunday meal alternative in Puglia.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Eggplant:
- 2 medium sized black eggplant
- 4 cups Marinara sauce (Recipe HERE)
- 2 cups Csliced potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut off the stem of the two eggplant. Cut the eggplants long way in the halves.
- With a small knife remove the pulp of the eggplant and leave just a bit more than 1/4 inch of the pulp attached to the skin. Place the skins in water to prevent oxidation.
- Cut the pulp in small cubes and saute` with 1/4 cup of EV olive oil, chopped garlic and a bit of salt. Saute` until the eggplant pulp is soft.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs, bread crumbs, most of the cheese, parsley and the mint. Mix everything well.
- Add the sauteed eggplant pulp and mix well again.
- In a baking pan, add a layer of marinara sauce to completely cover the bottom.
- Place the sliced potatoes to completely cover the bottom. Sprinkle some parsley and EV olive oil.
- Dry the eggplant shells and position them over the bed of potatoes.
- Fill each shell with the stuffing as even as possible.
- Cover the stuffing of each eggplant with marinara sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the marinara sauce.
- Bake at 375F for one hour.
Nonna Anna Buonsante, Entree Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Parmigiano Reggiano Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Eggplant Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Vegetarian Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes
Crowd pleaser...delish and super easy! - saragoj
A couple tweaks to this amazing recipe - substitute rice for the bread crumb and add ground beef the...
See Full Review >> - Italogq79
This recipe for stuffed eggplant sounds delizioso! - mariepezzuto
I LOVED this recipe. Was even better the following day reheated. Next time I think I will bake it a ...
See Full Review >> - nycscribe10024
I love eggplant. Thank you for your show. I now can get all my the Italian recipes that I was lookin...
See Full Review >> - La Signora
I paniced at the last 20 minutes of cooking this dish, So I added a tad of water and covered it (th...
See Full Review >> - ?s4dinner
I was told when I married my husband - 28 years ago, that his mother\'s Stuffed Eggplant was his fav...
See Full Review >> - cantarellik
The BEST stuffed eggplant recipe ever. I love that it includes potatoes to make a complete meal. I a...
See Full Review >> - BNT71185