Swiss Chard & Sausage Soup with Cavatelli
Swiss Chard & Sausage Soup with Cavatelli.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium carrot, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 19 oz can canellini beans
- 8 cups water
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 bunches swiss chard, ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound Cooking With Nonna Cavatelli Pasta
- Get the Nonna's Cavatelli HERE!
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage to the pot and begin breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until Sausage has browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the carrots, onions and celery and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes and bring the pot to a boil. Add in the Swiss Chard and parsley. Return the pot to a boil and cook until the Swiss chars is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the canellini beans.
- Drop the pasta into salted boiling water and and cook for 3 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain and add the pasta to the soup pot and cook for 1-2 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.
It's definitely a 5. Delicious, I substituted tortellini for the cavatelli and it tasted wonderful....
See Full Review >> - ronnieC
This soup was delicious! I substituted escarole for the Swiss chard though? - melissatrotta!!