Tagliatelle with Quick Sausage Ragù
Tagliatelle with Quick Sausage Ragù.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ragu`:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 celery stalk cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage meat, casings removed
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as merlot
- 2 14 oz cans cherry tomatoes, or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil
- 1 pound dried tagliatelle pasta
- Get the Products/Ingredients used in this recipe HERE!
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots, onions, celery and rosemary to the pot and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook until fully browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the red wine to the pot and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt and basil. Using a wooden spoon, crush the cherry tomatoes in the pot.
- Lower the flame to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the tagliatelle and cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the pot with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Serve in warm bowls with plenty of grated parmigiano cheese.