Torrone of Almonds
PS: If you don't feel like making it, you can get some HERE!
Torrone of Almonds (Mandorle), so crunchy and sweet... a must for Christmas! If you have problems with the Torrone coming together, please watch the video below. Nonna Romana will show you how to make it!
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Torrone:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- lemon, zest only
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Pour all the ingredients in a tall pot and put on the stove at medium flame.
- Continuously and slowly turn all the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- The sugar will melt... you are not done. Continue to turn.
- The sugar will then crystallize again... and you still are not done. Continue to turn.
- The sugar will melt one more time and once it is completely melted and it is of amber color, remove the pot from the flame and pour the content on a sheet of aluminum foil. The entire cooking process is about 20 minutes.
- With a spatula quickly flatten the hot almonds to form a sheet about 3/4" thick.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes and with a large knife cut the entire sheet in squares of about 2" on each side.
- Remove the aluminum foil from all the pieces and let them completely cool off.
Adeline... you need to read the instructions! :) If they the almonds were sugar coated, then you sto...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago
This worked out perfectly and was delicious. Even my finicky Italian mother said she loved it and to...
See Full Review >> - coffeelover2009
I prefer using 1/2 honey and 1/2 sugar - not quite healthy but less sugar. - Elisa DiVirgilio
The torrone looked like sugar coated almonds and did not com together?? - adeline
I remember a honey flavor in the almond torrone of my youth, so I will also mix the sugar 1/2 and 1/...
See Full Review >> - Loufa
How long will the almonds keep if stored in an container? - jtcavataio
My almonds looked like sugar coated almonds and didn't bond together. I kept it on the boil for abou...
See Full Review >> - Rosalba1
Made this for the first time, aced it. Great directions. Problem is I can't stop eating - Caesar11