Trofie con Pesto
Trofie with Pesto sauce... you can just feel the delicate aromas of the Italian Riviera.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1/2 pound Trofie pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pinoli (pine nuts)
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino sardo
- 1 cup string beans
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 cup Cup - Fresh baby peas
- 4 cloves garlic
- bay leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a large pot of boiling water add the potatoes and the string beans. Add a few bay leaves to further flavor the vegetables and the water.
- One minute later add the Trofie pasta or any other pasta that you prefer.
- Begin preparation of the Pesto sauce. Traditionally you would use a mortar and a pestle. However, for speed you may use a blender or a food processor.
- Add the basil leaves, half of the pignoli nuts, the garlic and EV olive oil. Blend everything until all the ingredients are finely chopped. Add the Pecorino Sardo and half of the Parmigiano cheese. Blend again and add a bit more of EV olive oil if the sauce is too thick.
- Once the pasta is cooked "al dente", drain from the pot and put in a serving bowl. Add the fresh baby peans and pour the Pesto sauce. Mix well and garnish with the remainder of the pignoli nuts and the Parmigiano cheese.
deliziosoooo!!! highly recommend this dish! - sud_italiano