Turkey and Escarole Soup
Turkey and Escarole Soup... perfect for the day after Thanksgiving to take care of all the turkey leftovers.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 4 quarts water
- carcass of turkey
- 2 pounds escarole, washed
- 2 cups pulled turkey meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 medium potatpes, cubed
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Celebrate Buon Natale
Find this sweatshirt
in La Bottega!
Today only: 12-15-19
Use Code: Christmas15 and Save 15%
on all Christmas Apparel!!!
- In a large pot add the extra virgin olive oil, the onion, the carrots, the celery and bay leaves. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Saute` all the ingredients for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the water, the potatoes and the crushed tomatoes.
- Add the turkey carcass and the turkey meat.
- Cover the pot and boil for about 1 hour. Add the escarole.
- Once the escarole are cooked to your liking, serve with some parmigiano cheese if you like.