Vegetable Soup with Anelletti Siciliani
Vegetable Soup with Anelletti Siciliani.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 14 1/2 petite diced tomatoes or 1 cup tomato purée
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water and 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces Anelletti Pasta (See link below to get the Anelletti)
- Get the Anelletti Pasta HERE!
- Put a stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the can of petite diced tomatoes or the passata and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water and the bouillon cube or the 6 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in the broccoli and cauliflower and return the pot to a boil. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into a separate pot of salted boiling water. Cook for about 8 minutes. The pasta will still be slightly hard.
- *the pasta will keep cooking in the soup, so you don’t want to overcook it before mixing it together.
- Drain and add the pasta to the soup pot. Boil for 1-2 minutes and serve in warm bowls with a sprinkle of grated cheese.