Vegetable Tortellini Soup
Vegetable Tortellini Soup.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 14 ounces can cherry tomatoes or 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water and 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 small zucchini, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 head escarole, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
- Put a stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots, shallots and celery and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the can of cherry tomatoes or the crushed tomatoes and zucchini. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water and the bouillon cube or the 6 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cauliflower and return the pot to a boil. Add in the escarole and the tortellini. Cook until the escarole is tender and the tortellini are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of grated cheese.