Zucchini & Cheese Cake
Zucchini & Cheese Cake.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup full fat cream cheese or robiola cheese (you can use any spreadable creamy cheese you love!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, minced
- 12 ounces zucchini, unpeeled, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Oil a 9 inch springform pan or spray with baking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, lemon zest, basil leaves and robiola cheese until smooth.
- Whisk in the flour and baking powder and add the zucchini slices. Toss to coat in the batter.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the grated pecorino cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cake is golden brown on top.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.