Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pie
Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pie.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Crust:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg beaten (for the top crust)
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 bunch broccoli tabe (trimmed and chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 anchovies fillets
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- red pepper flakes, as desired
- salt to taste
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Prepare the Filling:
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and saute the garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovies for about 15-20 seconds. The anchovies will begin to liquify.
- Add in the sausage meat and saute for about 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat until all the meat is browned. Add in the Broccoli Rabe and saute about 5 minutes with the sausage. Add salt to taste. Lower the heat to a simmer. Add in the water and cover. Cook covered for another 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until the Broccoli Rabe is soft and wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated. Drain the liquid and cool completely before using.
- Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a stand mixer combine the wine, oil and salt and mix together. Add in the flour all at once and mix on low speed until the dough forms. If the dough feels a bit sticky add a little more flour.
- Cut the dough in half. Take one half and with a rolling pin flatten it into a thin round sheet of dough large enough to cover the bottom of your baking pan (12" wide).
- Before you lay the dough in the pan, apply a very thin film of EV olive oil to the pan.
- Position the dough in the pan and then spread the filling uniformly on the dough. Keep the filling within 1/2' from the border of the dough. Take the other half of the dough and flatten it with the rolling pin into a round sheet that you will use the cover your filling. Once you place the dough over the Broccoli Rabe cut any excess dough and with a fork seal the two sheets of dough together.
- Brush the top crust with the beaten egg, then with a fork, puncture the surface every 2" and bake for 60 minutes until the top crust is golden brown.
Appetizer Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Broccoli Rabe Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
Brings back many fond memories, my mom made a killer pie - ronnieC
It was tasty, and I added a beaten egg and some mozzarella cheese to the filling, but the oven temp ...
See Full Review >> - Lelie