Cannelloni with Meat
Cannelloni with Meat... the mother of Manicotti. A great pasta recipe. Excellent for all major Holidays and special occasions.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Crepes:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1 pound mixed ground meat (beef, veal and pork)
- 84 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound prosciutto di Parma
- 1 cup diced mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- fresh black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- extra virgin olive oil
- Make the Crepes:
- In a bowl mix well all the crepes ingredients to get a very liquid batter.
- Add some butter to a Crepe pan, make it hot and pour 1 ladle of batter.
- Move the batter quickly around the bottom of the pan to cover the entire bottom uniformly and evenly.
- Cook for about 1-2 mins. Flip the crepe... if you are capable, and slide the finished crepe into a plate for later use.
- Make all your crepes and set aside.
- Filling Preparation:
- In a pot, add 3 Tbs of olive oil and the onion finely chopped.
- Saute` the onion until translucent and add the meat.
- Saute` the meat for a few mins and add the white wine.
- Let the alcohol evaporate and add the tomato sauce.
- Cook the meat for about 40 mins. at medium heat.
- Once cooked, let the meat cool a bit and drain the excess sauce.
- Put the meat in a food processor, add the prosciutto and run the food processor for about 10 secs.
- Pour the content in a bowl, add the mozzarella, Parmigiano cheese, fresh black pepper as desired and a dash of nutmeg.
- Cannelloni Preparation:
- Cover an oven pan with a layer of the tomato sauce.
- Take each crepe, deposit two Tbs of filling on one side of the crepe, spread it longways and roll the crepe.
- Deposit the Cannellone in the pan.
- Prepare all you Cannelloni to fill the pan.
- Cover each Cannellone with sauce and a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins. at 400F
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
Put one under every Christmas Tree!
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Calabria Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Nonna Gisa Ferro, Valentine's Day Recipes, Cannelloni Recipes, Ragu` Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Baked Pasta Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes