Capunti with Spicy Sausage & Pancetta
Capunti with Spicy Sausage & Pancetta.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 ounces Pancetta, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as merlot
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces passata or tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Cooking With Nonna Capunti Pasta (see link below to order the pasta)
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Pasta della Nonna - Capunti Available HERE!
- Put a large skillet over a high flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the pancetta and cooked until browned, about 5 minutes. Add in the wine and cook for 1 minute scraping up any bits that have stuck to the bottom.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the tomato paste, passata and salt.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Drop the pasta into a pot of salted boiling water. Cook 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain and add to the sauce and toss over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.