Crema di Limoni - Lemon Cream
Crema di Limoni - Lemon Cream... a delicate liquer flavored with the zest of organic lemons to be served at very special occasions.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Lemon Cream:
- 12 medium sized very fresh organic lemons
- 750 ml pure alcohol (grain alcohol)
- 750 ml cream
- 500 ml whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour all the alcohol in a large sealable jar.
- Wash the lemons and with a very sharp knife cut the zest very finely without removing any of the white part of the skin.
- Place the zest in the jar with the alcohol. Repeat the process for all the lemons.
- Store the jar in a dark place for 20 days.
- After the 20 days, put the cream and the milk in a pot. Add the vanilla bean, do not split it, and the sugar. Bring the content to a boil so that the sugar completely melts. Remove the vanilla bean.
- Once the cream/milk has cooled, pass it through cheesecloth to remove all residues. Add the alcohol after you pass it through cheesecloth as well. Mix well.
- Put content in bottles and store them in the freezer to cure. After two weeks you can start enjoing the Crema di Limoni.
- Shake well before serving and serve ice cold.
- Every few days shake the bottles well to prevent separation.
- PS: Bottles stored in the freezer will last up to one year.
- PS: This recipe will produce about 3 - 750 ml bottles.
Please Follow me on Instagram!