Frittata Dolce - Sweet Frittata
Frittata can be Very Sweet!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup farina
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons, zest only
- juice of 1 wedge of lemon
- 2 large eggs
- plain bread crumbs
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Bring milk, farina and salt to a slow boil by stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and lemon zest and lemon juice just before it begins to ticken.
- Stir until mixture becomes thick enough to spread.
- Pour into a dish that will allow you to spread it about 1 inch thick.
- Put dish into the refrigerator to cool and harden enough to be able to cut into pieces.
- Whe firm, cut into diamond shaped pieces about 2 inches long.
- Put eggs and a Tbs of water in a plate and beat them.
- Dip pieces into the eggs and roll them in plain bread crumbs.
- Saute` in butter on both sides till golden and serve hot.
sounds delicious! - vixen260
i remember this growing up and could never find the recipe, my mom and nonni were all from Piedmont ...
See Full Review >> - reets1115