Zabaione Cream Puffs
Light Cream Puffs filled with a delicate Zabaione Cream... it doesn't get better than that!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cream Puffs:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- pinch of salt
For the Zabaione Cream:
- 10 egg yolks
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons sweet Marsala wine
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Make the Cream Puffs:
- In a pot add the water, the butter and salt. Put the pot on the stove and melt the butter in the water.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well until the flour is totally absorbed and you have a ball.
- Put the ball in a stand mixer and one by one add the four eggs until you have a soft dough.
- Preheat the oven at 425F
- Put the dough in a baker's bag and deposit about 1 Tsp of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20-22 mins. until the Cream Puffs turn golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Make the Zabaione Cream:
- In a rounded bottom bowl add the egg yolks and the sugar.
- With a hand mixer, mix the two ingredients well until you have a smooth whitish cream.
- Slowly add the Marsala wine and continue to mix. Once the Marsala has been completely absorbed into the cream, put the bowl in a water bath and continue to mix for another 15-20 minutes. At this point the cream will have swollen, firmed up and look velvety. Make sure the water never boils while you are mixing as you do not want lumps in the cream.
- Remove the cream from water bath and let it cool.
- Assemble the Cream Puffs:
- Take each cream puff, with a sharp pointed knife make a tiny hole on top and fill each cream puff with zabaione cream.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Baking with Rossella, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Pastry and Tart Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Cream Puffs Recipes, Christmas Dessert Recipes