Panzerotti - Frittelle Recipe
Panzerotti - Frittelle Recipe. On Christmas and New Year's Eve... they are a must! But you can make them any time you have friends over, let them make their own Frittella!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Panzerotti:
- 1 pound bread or pizza dough
- 1 pound scallions
- 1/4 cup pitted olives (Kalamata or Gaeta olives)
- 1 cup chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- hot pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil for frying
- 1 pound mozzarella cut in 1/2 cubes
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Scallions Filling:
- In a pan add some EV olive oil with the scallions cut in 3-4 pieces.
- Saute` the onions for 2-3 minutes and add the 1/2 cup of peeled tomatoes, the olives, a pinch of hot pepper and the wine. Salt as desired.
- Let everything cook until the scallions are very soft and the alcohol of the wine has completely evaporated.
- Remove from the stove and let cool.
- Frittelle Preparation:
- Take a piece of dough the size of a tennis ball and flatten it with a rolling pin into a flat and round shape. The thickness of the dough should be no more than 1/4 of an inch.
- Place at the center of the dough your favorite filling. Either some of the scallions from above or some pieces of mozzarella, tomatoes, a few capers and grated Parmigiano cheese. In reality, they can be filled with any filling desired. (About 3-4 Tbs of filling in each)
- Fold the dough over the filling and close it in the shape of 1/2 moon.
- Press down the outer edges of the dough to completely seal the Frittella. With a ravioli cutter, cut the excess dough from all around the Frittella.
- Fry in olive oil till they are golden brown and serve preferably very hot.
So delicious - Enzacri
You can't beat these homemade fritelle. My family has been making these since I was a child. Anoth...
See Full Review >> - mjocius
Can the Frittele be baked? If so, at 400 degrees for 1/2hr?? - mona