Gnocchi Sorrentina... just like in Sorrento!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Gnocchi:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato passata or puree
- 1 teasponn sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese + extra to put on top of gnocchi
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 pound gnocchi
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a pan, brown the chopped onion and a clove of garlic in extra virgin olive oil
- Add the cherry tomatoes (cut in half) and the tomato passata. Cook for 10/15 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar (to control the acidity) and a pinch of salt & pepper. Turn off the burner, add lots of fresh basil and stir.
- Separately, cook the gnocchi very al dente and add them to the pan. Add two handfuls of grated parmigiano cheese and stir again.
- Put the gnocchi in a terrine, cover them with more grated parmigiano cheese and some diced mozzarella cheese. Bake it a 400°F for 8 minutes then put it in broil mode for a minute ot two to color.
- Decorate with some fresh basil and serve!