Gnocchi alla Sorrentina di Nonna Amalia
Gnocchi alla Sorrentina the way Nonna Amalia has been making them for years.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Gnocchi:
- 1 pound Gnocchi
- 28 ounces peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 pound mozzarella
- 4 cloves of garlic
- fresh basil
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
Use the code Pasta10
and Save 10% on all Pasta and
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a saute` pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic.
- Once the garlic turns golden, add the tomatoes (chop the tomatoes before adding them to the pan)
- Let the tomatoes cook at medium flame for about 15 minutes. Shut the flame and add the basil.
- In a large pot, cook the Gnocchi.
- The Gnocchi are done once they come to the surface. With a strainer remove the Gnocchi from the water and add them to the saute` pan.
- Toss them for 1 minute so that they get completely covered with sauce, add the mozzarella chopped in small cubes and cook for another minute until the mozzarella becomes soft.
- Serve in plates and garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Nonna Amalia Lubrano, First Course Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, Campania Recipes, All Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Easy Pasta Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes