Home Made Cavatelli with Ragu`
Home Made Cavatelli and four Meats Ragu`... from the rolling hills of Avellino.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Cavatelli:
- 2 cups white flour
For the Ragu`:
- 1 pound meat (mixed beef, lamb, pork and veal)
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ounces white wine
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- 2 basil leaves
- fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Pour the flour in a bowl and begin to add water a little at the time. Mix the water into the flour.
- Once the water is well amalgamated with the flour, remove the dough from the bowl and move it to a wooden board. Continue to work with your hands the dough until reaches a firm consistency.
- Cut a piece of dough and roll it with your hands on the board into a round form a little less that 1/2" thick.
- With a knife, cut the round dough into small pieces and with the tip of your index and middle finger press on each piece and pull it toward you. It should result in a "Cavatello". (Watch the middle sequence of the video).
- In a sauce pan, add EV olive oil and saute` the garlic and the onion together.
- Once the garlic begins to turn golden, add the four cuts of meat: pork, veal, lamb and beef.
- Let the meat color on all sides and add the white wine.
- After a minute or two, add the tomato sauce, the basil cut into pieces and the parsley. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook for 1 hour at medium flame.
- Pour the Ragu` sauce over the cavatelli which you have cooked separately and garnish with plenty of Parmigiano.
Nonna Rosetta Rauseo, First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, Campania Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Pork Recipes, Cavatelli Recipes, Ragu` Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Homemade Pasta Recipes, Italian Pasta Sauces, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Sunday Dinner Recipes
This made a nice tender Cavatelli,I had a great time teaching my 3 kids how to shape them, it helped...
See Full Review >> - jmetrolucies