Italian Potato Leek Soup with Kale
Italian Potato Leek Soup with Kale.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 6 leeks, ends trimmed and sliced into rounds
- 2 celery ribs, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
- 12 cups chicken broth or water + 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 pound kale, chopped into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper as desired
- Put a large stockpot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, leeks and celery and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and tomatoes and bit of salt and cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth or the water with 2 boullion cubes to the pot. Bring to a boil and add the kale. Cover and cook until the stalks of the kale are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of pecorino Romano cheese.