Italian Rice Salad - Insalata di Riso
Italian Rice Salad - Insalata di Riso.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Rice Salad:
- 2 cups carnaroli rice
- 1 boullion cube
- 8 cups water
- 1 10oz jar Italian pickled vegetables, drained
- 1 cup sweet frozen corn, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 3oz can of Italian tuna packed in olive oil
- 3 ounces mortadella, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup castelvetrano olives
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper as desired
- Get the ingredients used in this recipe HERE.
- Place a large saucepan on the stove with the water and boullion cube to a boil and cook the rice until al dente, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and run the rice under cold water. Leave the rice in a colander until it becomes quite dry and has completely cooled. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired. Refrigerate until cold.
- *This recipe is ideal to make a day ahead of serving.