Nonna Dorotea's Almond Cake
Nonna Dorotea's Almond Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk, optionally you can use also almond milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder or 11/2 bag of Pane degli Angeli
- 2 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1 almond extract
- pinch of salt
- sliced almonds, toasted
- pearl sugar
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Mix eggs and sugar very well.
- Add one at the time the milk, the amaretto, the almond extract and the salt.
- Next add a little at time the flour and the baking powder.
- Put the mix in a round baking pan and cover the top with almonds and pearl sugar.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the pan you use and the oven.