Nonna's Classic Minestrone Soup
Nonna's Classic Minestrone Soup.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Minestrone:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 celerity ribs, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 10 cups water
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Idaho potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 13 oz jar of cannellini beans, drained
- 6 ounces fiochetti pasta, or any small pasta cut you prefer
- salt and pepper as desired
- grated cheese for serving
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Get the ingredients you need for this recipe HERE
- Put a stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the Carrots, onions, celery and bay leaves and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower and a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in the Potatoes to the pot and cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the pot and another pinch of salt and cook until the zucchini begin to soften.
- Add the passata to the pot. Rinse the glass out with a bit of water and add it to the pot as well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the water and boullion cubes along with the Potatoes, peas and cannellini beans. Bring to a boil and cook until the Potatoes are tender. About 20 minutes. Taste for season and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Drop your pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until super al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package instructions. The pasta will continue to cook in the soup.
- Drain and add the pasta to the pot.
- Serve with crusty bread a drizzle of extra Virgin Olive oil and a generous sprinkle of grated cheese.