Octopus Salad - Insalata di polpo... here you can taste the flavors of the sea!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 tenderized, if available (arricciato) Octopus of about 1 Lb. Otherwise you can use the ones that are not tenderized.
- 2 lemons
- 5 extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
- peperoncino - hot pepper
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Wash the octopus very well under cold water.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and once the water is boiling, put the octopus in the water.
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Once it turns red, remove the octopus from the hot water and rinse it under cold water.
- Cut the octopus in pieces of about 1".
- Add the EV olive oil and the juice of the lemons.
- Add salt and peperoncino to taste. Toss and put in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve cold.
If you cannot find octopus, fresh calamari is a good substitute!
Nonna Amalia Lubrano, Appetizer Recipes, Salad Recipes, Fish Recipes, Campania Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Octopus Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Diabetic Appetizer Recipes, Heart Friendly Appetizers Recipes, Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
You buy them already tenderized from your fish market! :) - rossella rago
thnx for sharing :) - Saint of circumstance
How do you tenderize ? - powhatan