One Pan Chicken & Peppers
One Pan Chicken & Peppers.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Chicken:
- 4 Chicken Leg Quarters, or any bone in pieces of chicken you desire
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Sweet Mini Peppers, or 3 Bell Peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put a 12-14 inch skillet with a lid over a medium-high flame and heat the oil.
- Place the chicken in the pan skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn the pieces over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions to the pan and sauté until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the wine, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary to the pan and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Lower the flame to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook until the chicken is tender and pulls away from the bone, about 30-35 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.