Pignoli Cookies of Nonna Giuseppa
Pignoli Cookies by Nonna Giuseppa from the province of Siracusa, Sicily.
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 pound almond paste
- 2 cups pinoli nuts
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, zest only
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
- Grate or shred the almond paste on a flat surface.
- Spread over it the baking powder and the flour. Add the lemon zest.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and with a hand mixer whip them until glossy and soft peaks form.
- While whipping add the sugar.
- Fold into the egg whites the almond paste and mix well.
- Whip the entire content with a hand mixer for 2 mins.
- Take a greased cookie sheet and with a small ice cream scoop take a lump of the mix, drop it in the pignoli nuts and then transfer the ball on the cookie sheet.
- At the end add some pignoli nuts in the spots that were missed.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes, Nonna Giuseppa Cocchiola, Italian Wedding Cookies and Pastries
Made this for my family. Great recipe. Delicious. Thank you so much! - vporter76