Ricotta Chocolate Mousse Cake
Ricotta Chocolate Mousse Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 6 ounces 70% Dark Chocolate, broken up into pieces. You can also use Semisweet chocolate chips for this
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packets Vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided - Vanillina available in La Bottega
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk ricotta
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mini semisweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch Springform Pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath or in a microwave. Set aside to cool while you proceed with the rest of the steps.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into two different bowls. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the bowl with the egg yolks and beat them on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in the Ricotta, cornstarch and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the egg whites in 3 additions very gently being careful to not deflate the mixture.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the cake and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center of the cake doesn’t jiggle.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting.
Came out great; not too heavy or too strong of any flavor. We only had 1 1/2 cups of ricotta on han...
See Full Review >> - FredC
I must have done something wrong! I had to add a liquid ( I had some cream on hand) in order to eve...
See Full Review >> - sharonsdecor