Sausage & Mushroom Frittata
Sausage & Mushroom Frittata.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 20 ounces mixed mushrooms, about 2 packs. You can use any mushrooms you like, but I used Shiitake and Baby Portobello
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped mint leaves
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Put a large skillet over a high flame and heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cool until the sausage is nicely browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add salt as desired and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Brush a 12 inch pan with extra Virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, cheese mint and salt. Add in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and the sautéed mushrooms and sausage. Mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40-45 minutes.