Sauteed Broccolli Rabe
Sauteed Broccoli Rabe: Add some bold Italian flavor to your dinner table. The recipe doubles easily.
- In a large pot (6-8 quart size), fill 3/4 way with cold salted water. Bring water to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, trim the large woody portions of the stems from the broccoli rabe. Place large bunches into the boiling water.
- Blanch the broccoli rabe until crisp tender, about 2 to 3 minutes per bunch.
- Transfer the broccoli rabe to a large bowl of ice water to cool. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the cooled broccoli rabe and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and sauté until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the broccoli rabe and toss to coat. Add the reserved cooking water, and cook until the broccoli rabe is heated through and the stems are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately tossing the broccoli rabe with the toasted pine nuts, is a matter of taste.
- You can also serve with rigatoni, ziti or your favorite pasta.
Side Dish Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Broccoli Rabe Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Diabetic Appetizer Recipes, Heart Friendly Appetizers Recipes, Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes