Squash Soup with Cauliflower Rice
Squash Soup with Cauliflower Rice.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut crosswise and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise and sliced
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 16oz bag riced cauliflower
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese for sprinkling
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put a large stockpot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes and raise the heat to high. Bring to a boil and add in the squash and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes and add in the riced cauliflower. Cook until the squash, Zucchini and cauliflower are tender, about another 5 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread or Taralli and a generous sprinkle of grated Pecorino cheese!