Steak Pizzaiola with Pasta
Steak Pizzaiola with Pasta. With this dish Mamma Angela has raised her family! She would make it once a week.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pizzaiola:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound thin sliced round steak, pounded
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- In a saute` pan, add the extra virgin olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add the garlic and once it begins to turn golden, add the slices of beef. Sprinkle salt as desired on the meat. After 2 minutes, turn the slices of meat and salt the other side.
- Once the meat has browned on both sides. add the white wine and the capers. Let the alcohol evaporate. Then add the tomatoes, parsley and salt.
- Set the flame to medium and let everything cook uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Once the sauce is cooked, transfer the meat to a serving dish leaving most of the sauce in the pan.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in salted water and once it is al dente, add it to the pizzaiola sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes and serve in warm bowls.