Tripe with Potatoes
Tripe with Potatoes and Tomato Sauce... Trippa con Patate!
- Wash the tripe and cut it into strips of about 2 nches long and 1/2 inch wide.
- Put the tripe in a pot with water and bring it to a boil... let it boil for about 30 mins.
- In a large saute` pan, add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the onion sliced very thin.
- Let the onion saute until it become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes to the onions.
- Add the potatoes and the tripe as well. Add the parsley and salt & pepper as desired.
- Add hot water until all content is covered.
- Cover the pan and let everything cook at medium flame.
- Occasionally check the fluids level... if necessary add some more hot water.
- After about 30 mins. start tasting the potatoes... when they are soft, you are done.
- Serve with a generous coating of grated Pecorino cheese.
Nonna, Love this dish, always my favorite. The only thing I changed was to add some garlic. - Mvidal
Thank you, thank you Nonna. This tripe recipe is delicious. Exactly like the one my mother made. I l...
See Full Review >> - Leonardophx