A classic recipe from Piemonte... great at any time of the year. A must for your holiday buffets.
PS: This Video Recipe is also available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Vitello:
- 2 pounds Lveal loin
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups white wine
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup solid tuna in olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 6 fillets of anchovies
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- In a pot, add he celery, carrots and leeks cut in large pieces.
- Add the wine and the vinegar as well as a pinch of salt and 2 Tbs of EV olive oil.
- Add the veal and enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring everything to a boil and let it simmer for about 2 hours.
- Once it cools off put the meat in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- In a bowl, add all the Sauce ingredients and liquefy either with an immersion blender or in a blender/food processor.
- Cut the veal in slices about 1/4 thick and position in a platter.
- Cover each slice of veal with a coating of tuna sauce and garnish with small capers.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours and serve cold.
My husband\'s favorite! Delicioussssss - tloiacon