Ziti with Peas, Mushrooms and Meat Sauce
Ziti with Peas, Mushrooms and Meat Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound mixed ground meat (pork, veal and beef)
- 10 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10oz bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ziti rigati pasta
- Put a large sauté pan with a lid over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic.
- Let the garlic saute for a few minutes until it turns lightly golden and add the ground meat.
Saute the meat by breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Saute the meat until it turns brown. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the peas and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red wine. Let the alcohol evaporate for a few minutes and add the tomato paste.
- Turn the flame to low, add two tablespoons of pasta water and cover the saute pan. Cook for about 10 minutes. If the sauce gets dry, add some more pasta water.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the ziti and cook until al dente.
- Drain and add them into the sauce and toss for 1 minute until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. Remove from heat and add in the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese until melted.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.