Zuppa di Pesce Marechiara
Seafood in a light tomato based sauce. This recipe originated in the Gulf of Naples area.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 pound fresh calamari
- 1 pound fresh scallops
- 1 pound fresh mussels
- 2 dozen little neck clams
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Clean and cut the calamari into small rings. Remove the shell and devein the shrimp. Wash in cold water the clams and the mussels.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic until the garlic is slightly golden.
- Add the calamari, the mussels and the clams. Saute` for two minutes. Then add the white wine.
- Continue to saute` until the clams and the mussels open. Any clams or mussels that do not open, do not force to open as they may be bad. Remove them from the pan and open them outside of the pan or just discard them.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, shrimp and scallops and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nonna Amalia Lubrano, First Course Recipes, Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Campania Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mussels Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Zuppa di Pesce Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Clams - Vongole Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes