Fish Soup - Brodetto di Pesce
Brodetto di pesce... a great fish soup!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 4 pounds peeled tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 peperoncino
- slice of red pepper
- 1 lobster with shell
- 4 clams
- 4 mussels
- 4 shrimp
- 1/4 pound calamari
- 1/4 pound fresh cod
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
Nonna's Good Luck Bracelets!
Now in La Bottega!
In White & Yellow Gold HERE!
- Liquefy the tomatoes in a blender and pour into a large pan.
- Add salt as desired, garlic whole or chopped as desired, a slice of red pepper, one peperoncino, and a heavy dose of EV olive oil (later some can be removed if desired)
- Cover the sauce and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the fish: first the clams and mussels, then the lobster with the shell on, the shrimp also deveined but with the shell on and the cod fish.
- Cook everything for about 15 minutes (check that the clams and mussels have opened, otherwise discard).
- Add the calamari and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the basil and chopped parsley.
- Serve over spaghetti or linguine... Al Dente of course!
First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Nonna Ann Marie Fischer, Abruzzo Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mussels Recipes, Zuppa di Pesce Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes
I would not liquify the tomatoes. - Elisa DiVirgilio