Zuppa Toscana - Tuscan Soup.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Zuppa:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 13 oz jars Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 ounces kale, cut into bite size pieces
- Get the Ingredients needed for this Reciipe HERE
- Put a large stock pot over a medium-high flame and heat the oil.
- Add the sausage to the pot and cook until browned while breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the carrots, onions and celery to the pot and cook until the vegetables are soft and they begin to develop some color.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes to the pot, scraping up anything stuck to the bottom or the pot.
- Bring to a boil and add the potatoes, 1 jar of the Cannellini beans and the kale.
- Add the remaining 2 jars of Cannellini beans to the bowl of a food processor and purée till smooth.
- Once the potatoes are tender, stir the pureed Cannellini into the soup. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano reggiano Cheese.